Teaching


Spring 2013 Informative Poster workshop

This past semester, I taught a two-weekend workshop at Columbia College on infographics. Infographics are visual representations of data and content intended to succinctly present complex information. They are often assigned to graphic designers because of the important role of text and layout in explaining data. 
As an illustrator, I'm interested in the role of images used in engaging, informing and/or convincing an audience. I structured this workshop to focus on how a strong and cohesive body of images can support the presentation of data. Students chose their own topic to explain, question to answer, or process to describe. I had a very talented group, so I want to show off their work! Here are some examples of their final posters. 



Sonnett Sheline

Samantha Rosales




 

Julie Wilmore



 Sarah Avecedo