About Me






Hello, friend! When I was young, I was so addicted to drawing that my brother would exploit me by selling me copy paper for 3 dollars a sheet. Now he is an economist and I am a starving artist. I also wonder how I had the money to buy such expensive drawing paper.

I am an illustrator working out of Chicago for most of the year and Taipei over the winter.
Notable clients include the New York Times, Universal Music Group, Capitol Records, Little Brown and Co., Simon & Schuster, American Greetings, JoAnn's Fabrics, the Home Shopping Network, and Tiny Prints.

In addition to freelancing, I am part of a several partnerships and groups:
I am one of four in a specialty paper goods company, The Nimbus Factory.
I am part-time staff for an urban planner at Strategic Urban Solutions.
I am in a partnership dedicated to creativity in the Rust Belt area, New to Cleveland
Lastly, I teach drawing at Columbia College Chicago in the Art + Design department.

I am proudly represented by Emily Van Beek at Folio Literary for children's book illustration.
To work with me, contact me at juliaskuo @ gmail.com.